E-mail stands for electronic mail. E-mail involves the use of computers and internet. E-mail allows the communication between the individuals who have account on the internet. In an E-mail electronic message is sent from one computer to another, placed anywhere in the world. We can also send pictures, text files, sound files etc. As an attachment to the E-mail. The standard protocol used for sending e-mail on the internet is called SMTP. SMTP works in association with POP Post office protocol server.
- A Deep Dig Into Penetration Testing of FTP Server
- How to Configure WP Mail SMTP Plugin in WordPress
- List of Commonly Used Well-known Ports
- A Quick Overview of Linux File System
- Top 5 High Rated WordPress Backup Plugins
- Captcha And Its Types – With Examples
Structure of E-mail
E-mail mainly consists of two parts:-
- Header: Header consists of name and E-mail address of receiver & sender as well subject of the message.
- Body of message: Body contains the message that is to be conveyed to the recipient.
Working of E-mail
The working of E-mail is similar to traditional postal services the sender of the E-mail. The sender must have an E-mail address called as E-mail ID. The receiver also must have an account on a mail server as the recipients have an address in postal service where they receive their letters. The sender writes the message along with an E-mail address of the recipient.
The E-mail service delivers the message into the inbox or account of the recipient. It is not necessary for the recipient to be logged in at the same time. The E-mail is stored in the inbox until the recipient receive it. After receiving the mail the recipient can save it, delete it or can reply back to the sender.
Advantages of E-mail over other communication services:-
- Traditional postal service was time consuming. But e-mail is much faster than postal services and take few seconds to reach its destination.
- In case of telephone both the users must be present at the same time but in case of E-mail it is not necessary for the receiver to be logged in at the same time.
- We can save E-mail for future use. But in case of fax we cannot do so. Fax cannot be saved for future use.
- In case of E-mail we can send the same message to more than one persons. But in postal service we need to write, the same message again and again if we want to send it5 to more than one persons.
- It is cheaper as compare to other communication services like telephone, postal service etc.
Below is the list of Top Email Service Providers based on unbiased reviews & on user satisfaction: