Cloud computing has become an integral part of modern business operations. As more organizations adopt cloud services, there is a growing need for professionals who can secure these systems against cyber threats. Fortunately, there are several free certification courses that one can take to gain knowledge and skills in cloud security.
In this article, we will discuss 12 free certification courses in cloud security that can help you enhance your career in cloud computing.
- AWS Security Fundamentals (Second Edition)
- Introduction to Cloud Security – Simplilearn
- Cloud Computing Security – University of Colorado System Courses
- Become a Cloud Security Professional-Oracle
- Cloud governance principle – Cybrary
- Cloud Security Assessment & Response – Qualys
- Container Security – Qualys
- 20+ Free AWS Certs Related to Cybersecurity
- Check Point Jump Start – Cloud Security
- Cloud Security With AWS IAM
- Cloud Computing Security – CISA
- Cloud Security – What Leaders Need to Know – CISA
1. AWS Security Fundamentals (Second Edition)
This course is designed to teach participants about the fundamentals of AWS security. The course covers topics such as identity and access management, network security, data encryption, and monitoring. It is a self-paced course that can be completed online, and participants can earn a digital badge upon completion.
2. Introduction to Cloud Security – Simplilearn
This course provides an overview of cloud security and the risks associated with cloud computing. It covers topics such as data protection, network security, compliance, and cloud governance. Participants can complete the course online and receive a certificate of completion.
3. Cloud Computing Security- University of Colorado System Courses
This course covers the fundamentals of cloud computing security. Participants will learn about security models, threat management, data protection, and compliance. It is a self-paced course that can be taken online, and participants can earn a certificate of completion.
4. Become a Cloud Security Professional – Oracle
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to learn about cloud security best practices. The course covers topics such as network security, data protection, and compliance. It is a self-paced course that can be taken online, and participants can earn a digital badge upon completion.
5. Cloud governance principle – Cybrary
This course covers cloud governance principles and best practices. Participants will learn about policy development, risk management, and compliance. The course is self-paced and can be completed online, and participants can earn a certificate of completion.
6. Cloud Security Assessment & Response – Qualys
This course teaches participants how to assess and respond to security threats in the cloud. Participants will learn about security assessments, incident response, and vulnerability management. It is a self-paced course that can be taken online, and participants can earn a digital badge upon completion.
7. Container Security – Qualys
Qualys’ Container Security course is designed to help individuals understand the basic security risks that exist when working with containers, as well as how to mitigate those risks. The course is self-paced and covers a variety of topics, including how to scan containers for vulnerabilities, how to integrate container security into your DevOps pipeline, and how to create policies to enforce security best practices.
8. 20+ Free AWS Certs Related to Cybersecurity
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a variety of free certifications related to cybersecurity, such as the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification. These certifications cover a range of topics, including network security, incident response, identity and access management, and compliance. These certifications can be a valuable addition to any cloud security professional’s resume.
9. Check Point Jump Start – Cloud Security
Check Point Software Technologies offers a free Jump Start course in cloud security that covers topics such as how to secure your cloud infrastructure, how to prevent cyber threats, and how to comply with regulations. The course also provides hands-on experience with Check Point’s cloud security solutions.
10. Cloud Security With AWS IAM
The Cloud Security With AWS IAM course, offered by Udemy, is designed to help individuals understand how to secure their cloud infrastructure using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM). The course covers topics such as IAM policies, roles, and groups, as well as how to implement multi-factor authentication (MFA) and how to audit IAM policies.
11. Cloud Computing Security – CISA
The Cloud Computing Security course offered by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) covers a variety of cloud security topics, including cloud architecture, cloud deployment models, and cloud service models. The course also covers best practices for securing cloud infrastructure and data, as well as compliance considerations.
12. Cloud Security – What Leaders Need to Know -CISA
This course is also offered by CISA and is designed to provide leaders and decision-makers with an understanding of cloud security risks and best practices. The course covers topics such as cloud security governance, risk management, compliance, and incident response.
In conclusion, these free certifications are a great way to enhance your cloud security knowledge and add value to your resume. By taking advantage of these resources, you can stay up-to-date with the latest cloud security best practices and improve your chances of securing a position in the field.
You may also read:
- Enhancing Web Application Functionality and Security with Cookie Attributes
- Five Good Habits of a Security-Conscious Developer
- CISSP Security Domains: Building Blocks for Information Security
- Understanding the Categories of Information Security Risks
- Overview of Cloud Secure Data Lifecycle
- Cloud Computing Top Threats: Protecting Your Data in the Cloud
- Top 32 SIEM Use Cases You Need To Know
- 12 Ways of Keeping Your Computer Secure
- Top Log Formats Used For Logging and Monitoring Systems
- Top Critical Windows PowerShell Event IDs To Monitor
- [2023 Security] 28 Windows Event IDs To Monitor Now
- The Hacker’s Methodology – A Brief Guide
- SSRF (Server Side Request Forgery) – A Basic Understanding
- The 15 Point Checklist For Securing the Web Servers
- 17 Most Common Web Security Vulnerabilities
- Top 10 Different Types of Hacking Attacks
- Detecting Hacker Attacks For Windows and Linux OS
- Top 4 Factors Affecting Physical Security
- Hacking Web Applications and its Countermeasures
- Security Awareness and User Training – Why Is It So Important In 2022?