There are a lot of third party applications such as DriveDetect (a Seagate’s tool) through which you can easily check your Hard Disk’s serial number.
In case if you don’t wish to use any third-party application, you can still find out all the information related to your hard disk with the help of Command Prompt.
To get started, open CMD with Administrative Permissions and type the following command:
Command: wmic diskdrive get model, name, serialnumber
From above output, you can see that, it displays a list of your all hard drives which are in use along with all best possible information such as Serial Number, Model and the Name of the hard drive.
The WMI command-line (WMIC) utility provides a command-line interface for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
WMIC is compatible with existing shells and utility commands.
Your system hard disk’s model and serial number can suddenly become vital information if you’re trying to register it for a warranty. It also just feels good to know the hardware you’re working with.You may also like:
- How To Easily Crack Wi-Fi Password
- 6 Most Useful Windows Command Prompt Commands
- Ripgrep – Searching for Specific File Types and Beyond
- Insert and Create Data in Elasticsearch
- Manage Time and Date in Linux with timedatectl
- How to Set Network Adapter Priority on Windows 11
- How to Add a User to Sudoers on Ubuntu
- 25 Popular Linux IP Command Examples
- Top 11 Nmap Commands for Remote Host Scanning
- 9 Useful w Command Examples in Linux