Lots of Windows users want to know how to enable the Windows 10 news and weather widget. Officially called “News and interests” this feature was introduced in a Windows update earlier this year and now appears on the taskbar, in the bottom-right corner of your desktop.
This feature was previously visible on phones, by displaying information and news on the Taskbar.
News and Interests is a new feature on Windows 10. News and interests shows you content on a variety of topics. Each topic—top stories, weather, sports, stocks, and traffic—is contained within an information card and will update over time.
Before to enable this feature, make sure that your windows version must be 1909 or later.
1. With Windows Update
To get news and interests on your device, ensure you’ve installed the latest recommend updates for Windows 10.
To manually check for updates, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
Normally when updating to KB5003173, News and Interests will automatically appear on the Taskbar. If you don’t see it, pull it out by right-clicking on the Taskbar > Select News and Interests > Click Show icon and text.
2. With Group Policy Editor (GPEDIT)
In case, if you want to enable the same through Group Policy Editor, then type “Gpedit.msc” in run command and navigate to “Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > News and interests“.
On the right side double click on the option Enable news and interests on the taskbar to customize.
Select Enabled > Then click Apply > Click OK to save and exit.
3. With Registry Editor
The same can also be done via Registry Editor by typing “regedit” in run command.
In the Regedit window, navigate to News and Interests under the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Feeds.
Create a new file named DWORD (32-bit) Value, right-click in the right box and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Click on the Value_name box and name it ShellFeedsTaskbarViewMode.
In the value change window, enter 0 (show icons and text) or 1 (show icons only) or 2 (hide everything).
Then restart the computer to make the changes.
With this new feature, you can view news as well as information about the latest weather, appointment schedule.
Other Useful Resources –
- How To Check Which Apps are Sending Information
- How To Use chattr Command in Linux
- [Two Methods] Force Linux User to Change Password at Next Login
- How To Install The WinDbg Windows Debugging Tool
- Getting Started with Apache Solr on Ubuntu
- Understanding OpenSSL Commands – A Comprehensive Guide
- How To Check SSL Certificate Expiry Date from Certificate File
- How To Install Apache Tomcat on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- How To Compress Files Faster Using Pigz on Ubuntu Linux
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting up Nginx and SSL with Certbot