Ethical hacking is an important skill in today’s digital age, where cyber attacks are becoming more common. Here are nine basic skills that you should have to become an ethical hacker in 2023:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge on Networking Concepts
- Hands-on Linux
- Basic Hardware Knowledge
- Reverse Engineering
- Database Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
1. Basic Computer Skills
You should have a good understanding of computer systems, including hardware, software, and operating systems.
Programming skills are essential for writing and testing scripts and understanding how software works.
3. Knowledge on Networking Concepts
Understanding networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, and firewalls is crucial for ethical hacking.
4. Hands-on Linux
Linux is a widely used operating system in the world of hacking, and you should have hands-on experience with it.
A fundamental understanding of cryptography is important for encrypting and decrypting data.
6. Basic Hardware Knowledge
You should have a basic understanding of computer hardware, including components such as motherboards, CPUs, and memory.
7. Reverse Engineering
Reverse engineering involves analyzing and understanding how software works, allowing you to identify vulnerabilities and potential attack vectors.
8. Database Skills
Understanding database systems such as SQL is important for ethical hacking, as many web applications rely on databases.
9. Problem Solving Skills
Being able to think critically and creatively to solve problems is crucial for ethical hacking, where you’ll often need to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
In conclusion, these nine basic skills are essential for anyone looking to become an ethical hacker in 2023. It’s important to remember that ethical hacking is about using your skills to identify and fix vulnerabilities, rather than causing harm to individuals or organizations.
- Cloud Computing Models: Exploring IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- 6 Prominent Fields within Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Top 8 Benefits of PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- Artificial Intelligence is Not Just an Option But a Necessity – Read More
- 7 Types of Intelligence by Howard Gardner
- Top 10 Features of Python Programming Language
- Machine Learning: Understanding its Types and Applications
- COBIT: Optimizing IT Governance and Management
- Top Key Features and Benefits of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Top Questions to Ask Your Webmaster Before Setup the Server