Around 206 crore people around the world are investing their money in buying goods online these days. E-commerce sites are present in many different names like Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Myntra etc. We all know that there are many eCommerce sites on the internet from where we get our favorite things at a good price. But what is this e-commerce site actually?
Commerce means trade. Act of selling and purchasing of goods is known as commerce. Commerce involves the act of purchasing and selling that occurs face to face between the two individuals or organizations. But when the commerce business it becomes E-commerce.
E-commerce stands for electronic commerce. E-commerce refers to the trading that involves the use of computers and the internet. In other words, E-commerce refers to buying and selling of goods and providing other services for business online for E-commerce for communication, data management, security and financial systems are integrated.
- WooCommerce Vs Shopify – In Depth Tech Hyme Review
- 20 Tips and Tricks to Make Your WordPress Website More SEO-Friendly
- Top 5 High Rated WordPress Backup Plugins
In E-commerce customers virtually visit the website of various companies, select the product from the website and then send purchase orders online. Then the customer pays for the product through credit card or using E-money. When a company receives the money they dispatch the product to the customer.
Uses of E-commerce:-
- With E-commerce, the internet has established a global market that operates for 24 hours.
- With the help of the internet it is very easy for companies to communicate with customers sitting in any corner of the world.
- Acquiring new customers has become easier for the companies with the use of the internet in commerce. Customers can be served in a better way due to 24 hours operation of the global market.
- With the use of the internet in commerce it is quite easy for the enterprise to extend its enterprise to each and every corner of the world.
- Involvement of the internet in commerce increased the sale of different entities.
- Computers are used in E-commerce to sent the purchase order online.
- The documents required for business can be transferred from one organization to the other with the help of computer and internet.
- Computers and the internet are also used to transfer electronic fund or E- money from the bank to the same persons, account or vise-versa.
- Computers are used for processing and transfer of data from one department to another in an organization and can also be used to verify the data whether it’s legal or illegal.
- Computers used to manage large amounts of data within a small interval of time in E-commerce.
- Computers are also used for data security in E-commerce. Network security prevents the data from unauthorized access while the data is transferred from one system to another system.
- In E-commerce there is an electronic environment. Customers interact with the electronic devices. There are no direct devices. There is direct interaction between the customer and salesperson of a company. Electronic devices act as an interface between the customer and the company computer to design such technology based interfaces that creates friendly experience for the user or customer and has the parental support to both increase sales and decrease costs.
- Nowadays all the companies have their own websites. Companies can trade electronically because of their website only. A customer visits the website of various companies and can compare the price of various products, This is the most convenient way for the customer to buy any product online.
- Companies use websites for the advertisement of their products. Companies publish their brochure on their website and provide all the required information to their customers online.
- With the use of internet in commerce it becomes easy for the firms to acquire the knowledge of behaviors of their customers on the website , contents of with list of customers, purchases and payments done by the customer are the actions of the customer which are observed by the firms to know the behaviors of their customer.
Today in this article, we will discuss about all the things which you need to make an E-commerce website:
You need money to start any kind of business. In the same way, before starting the business of e-commerce, you should have enough money because no business can be completed without investing money. To start an online business, it will cost you some money to build a website. The products that will be in your e-commerce store will also cost money. There are many such things where you may have to invest money.
There is also a lot of planning to start your business. In business without planning, you will not be able to have an idea of what you have to do next, you will not be able to concentrate and you may have to face many problems later.
3. Domain Name
To start an e-commerce site in the Internet, you need a domain name like www.example.com. It acts as an address in the online world, through which the buyers can find your website.
List of Best Domain Registrars for Buying Domains:
- Network Solutions
4. Web Hosting
For your e-commerce store, you need a web hosting service so that people will be able to see your website on internet. The job of this service is just that, it stores the data and files of your website in a separate server.
And when a person writes the domain name of your website in his web browser using the internet, then this web hosting will send all the files and data of your website to his browser so that that person will be able to access your website easily.
List of Best Web Hosting Services:
For creation of Website, you can either start the development from scratch or can go with ready made CMS frameworks such as Shopify, Woocommerce etc.
6. Shopping Cart Software
The main purpose of your e-commerce site is to sell goods to your customers and for that you will need a shopping cart software. This software gives an opportunity to your buyer to see the goods/products present in your website, and can choose and buy the ones he/she likes.
Shopping cart software allows your customers to securely buy their favorite items using their credit card or debit card. This service keeps your card details and your order data safe from the eyes of other people.
7. Merchant Service Provider
An online business can never accept cash payment through its website, you need a merchant service provider whose job is to handle things related to credit and debit cards.
Creating an eCommerce website is not a difficult task, if you have complete information, then you can easily create your website and earn good income. We hope you like this article on how to make an E-commerce website.
If you have any doubts about this article, then you can drop your query on comments or mail us at email@example.com.